The EMEA Visual Team seeks an experienced photo editor to work across digital, social and the Bloomberg terminal, with a proven track record of producing stills and video content. The editor will join the team responsible for all aspects of Bloomberg’s daily photo & video coverage across the region. The candidate must have a proven track record of assigning and managing photographers and be capable of servicing multiple stakeholders, whilst managing competing priorities.
• Editing and processing incoming content for internal & external clients
• Assigning and managing photographers, generate new content
• Contribute and publish content across the teams social media platforms
• Ability to prioritise, use initiative and work in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of copyright and media ownership
• Making appropriate editorial decisions on illustrative imagery across various platforms
• Reviewing and correcting image metadata to conform to Bloomberg guidelines
• Researching accurate information for captions
• Licensing imagery from third party sources
• Stay informed and well read on business, finance and political news
• University degree preferred in a related field; Photography or Digital Media
• Proven experience in the editorial media industry; editing, producing stills and video
• Excellent technical skills, including proficiency in Photoshop and other image editing software including Adobe Premiere Pro
• Experience of web content management applications such as Word Press is desirable
• Excellent knowledge of image legal restrictions, licensing and permissions
• An understanding of video and audio editing is required
• Skilled at managing, using and creating content for social media platforms
• Monitor the content and landing pages of Bloomberg platforms to keep the sites current, ensuring prompt elimination of any technical or content errors, or content that is out of date or no longer functional
• Maintain speed, accuracy and efficiency in fast-paced environment
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of industry style of captioning, writing editorial cutlines for web platforms and IPTC standards
• Ability to work as an onsite editor at major events
• Extensive knowledge of digital photography and camera technology
• Strong working knowledge of global current events especially in business, finance and politics
• Excellent writing skills, spelling and grammar
• Foreign languages a plus, especially French, Spanish, German, Russian, Arabic, Italian etc.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Must be highly motivated, organized, reliable and flexible and organized
What Bloomberg does – and how you can make your mark here:
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in.
At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients – and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Click here to Apply for this role