Category Archives: jobs
File transcodes, databases, back-ups, and stunning wildlife footage. Not terms that sit naturally together for everyone. If they do for you, then this full-time, permanent post, might be your perfect role.
Our busy and creative Digital Media team requires someone to manage video media assets from camera offload, through production and into archive. You’ll also be involved in footage research, licensing, and cataloguing, with the opportunity to help shape and influence how we work as a content creation team.
Through your interest in the latest technological developments, your experience of working in a digital video production environment, and your methodical and conscientious approach to your work, you’ll be enabling the RSPB to engage, challenge and inspire new and existing audiences through a variety of image-rich content.
Closing date: 31 May 2016.
Interview dates: 15/16 June 2016.
Spotted on the BBC vacancies pages
BBC Worldwide Limited are looking for an Operations Co-ordinator:
‘In this role you will be in charge of providing administrative and financial systems support to the Head of Operations and Content and the wider Motion Gallery operations team. You will liaise with internal various WW departments, including SAP development, SAP support, Finance, CASPAR support and Talent Accounting to resolve issues and provide regular and ad hoc reporting from all available systems.’
‘This role will be a main point of contact to the Getty Images teams and support the partnership with Getty Images by identifying and analysing operational issues and being proactive to ensure that issues are managed and resolved in and efficient and effective manner. For this role you will be required to change and update new processes to accommodate the new partnership with Getty Images, this will include the Improvement of operational systems, specifically, support better management reporting.’
Details and to Apply
spotted on the Bloomberg careers pages
The Role: ‘The Video Syndication Editor is responsible for the selection, publication and distribution of video footage, interviews, packages and long-form programming on Bloomberg’s client-facing Photo and Video web portal, Media Source. The role reports into the Managing Editor for Visual Media and is responsible for management of a team of global video editors.’
‘The Video Syndication Editor’s main task is to identify content that is being created for Bloomberg’s consumer media outlets and adapt it for professional media client distribution – leveraging existing content creation for further commercial use. This includes preparation and delivery of newsroom ready content such as full length interviews and raw b-roll as well as packaged stories which may include multiple video sources, sound-bites and graphical elements. In time, platform curation will be added to the responsibilities, to handle multiple distribution outlets, and to feature relevant content prominently.’
Full Details and to Apply
The EMEA Visual Team seeks an experienced photo editor to work across digital, social and the Bloomberg terminal, with a proven track record of producing stills and video content. The editor will join the team responsible for all aspects of Bloomberg’s daily photo & video coverage across the region. The candidate must have a proven track record of assigning and managing photographers and be capable of servicing multiple stakeholders, whilst managing competing priorities.
• Editing and processing incoming content for internal & external clients
• Assigning and managing photographers, generate new content
• Contribute and publish content across the teams social media platforms
• Ability to prioritise, use initiative and work in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of copyright and media ownership
• Making appropriate editorial decisions on illustrative imagery across various platforms
• Reviewing and correcting image metadata to conform to Bloomberg guidelines
• Researching accurate information for captions
• Licensing imagery from third party sources
• Stay informed and well read on business, finance and political news
• University degree preferred in a related field; Photography or Digital Media
• Proven experience in the editorial media industry; editing, producing stills and video
• Excellent technical skills, including proficiency in Photoshop and other image editing software including Adobe Premiere Pro
• Experience of web content management applications such as Word Press is desirable
• Excellent knowledge of image legal restrictions, licensing and permissions
• An understanding of video and audio editing is required
• Skilled at managing, using and creating content for social media platforms
• Monitor the content and landing pages of Bloomberg platforms to keep the sites current, ensuring prompt elimination of any technical or content errors, or content that is out of date or no longer functional
• Maintain speed, accuracy and efficiency in fast-paced environment
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of industry style of captioning, writing editorial cutlines for web platforms and IPTC standards
• Ability to work as an onsite editor at major events
• Extensive knowledge of digital photography and camera technology
• Strong working knowledge of global current events especially in business, finance and politics
• Excellent writing skills, spelling and grammar
• Foreign languages a plus, especially French, Spanish, German, Russian, Arabic, Italian etc.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Must be highly motivated, organized, reliable and flexible and organized
What Bloomberg does – and how you can make your mark here:
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in.
At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients – and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Click here to Apply for this role
Moving Image Manager
Salary range is £25,452 – £28,977 per annum
Fixed Term Contract to 31st March 2015
St Pancras, London
This is an exciting opportunity to help support moving image collections at the British Library.
Your key duties will involve managing our Broadcast News service of current television and radio news programmes, helping to implement onsite digital delivery of archive video, and working with our curators to manage a growing collection of moving images on news, theatre, pop music, oral history and ethnomusicology.
Full details and to apply here
***this job is now closed*****
spotted this on the the BM jobs page
‘It’s an exciting time to join the Digital and Publishing team as they look to deliver a new digital strategy that will collapse the boundaries between external audiences and visitors to the Museum. As the Video Producer for the top tourist attraction in the UK, you will contribute to implementing change within this rapidly modernising and world-renowned setting.
The Video Producer will be responsible for creating, producing, directing and editing the short-form video programming formats which will sit at the heart of our new portfolio of web, mobile, social media and big data-driven products.’
Key areas of responsibility:
• Generating a steady output of video material on aspects of the British Museum’s work and Collection, its curatorial expertise and activities in the world on a variety of platforms
• Devising new video programming formats: creating concepts for short-form video formats, and shooting test versions for trial in our social and marketing channels
• Working with our data teams to measure the impact of those concepts, and then optimising the format for scale out into ongoing programs
• Generating frameworks: building frameworks and processes for the production of video in the Museum and enabling staff to self-serve production in formats such as Google Hangouts
• Working with the Head of Creative – Broadcast, Head of Creative – Digital, Editorial Managers and other creative team members to develop mixed-media social media content formats and testing and optimising them for release in our digital channels
We are looking for an entertainment photo editor with a strong knowledge of photo and video for TV/film productions, project management, talent relations, and archiving. This position will also assist with electronic press kits, cataloging, and distribution. This job will reside within the London-based Original Series Publicity team and report to the Director of Originals Series Publicity in the United States.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to strategically plan and execute on multiple projects at once. You must be extremely well organized, creative, a succinct communicator, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You must be self- motivated, possess integrity and able to work autonomously.
Here at Netflix, we don’t have rules and regulations. We hire adults who act responsibly on the resources and freedom they are given to do their work, and we expect high performance in return.
Full details and to apply
Spotted on abc 17 news site
JOB DESCRIPTION: The chief photographer’s duties include setting the standard for the staff in acquiring news video in the field. This includes an aggressive approach to covering spot news, shooting video, conducting interviews, running live shots and using other multimedia tools to gather content for nightly newscasts and the station’s online ventures. Duties will also include maintaining the company’s electronic news gathering equipment and fleet of news vehicles at its facilities in Columbia and Jefferson City. The successful candidate will be expected to function within the framework of a research-driven news department that emphasizes source cultivation, enterprise reporting and breaking news. Employee must have the flexibility to work in the modern newsroom and could be called upon to beat report, produce, web edit, etc.
spotted on the CFF site
We are looking for two exceptional candidates to fill two brand new full-time positions – Cambridge Film Trust Manager, and Cambridge Film Trust Marketing and Communications Manager.
The successful applicants will be working on the 34th Cambridge Film Festival in August and September 2014, as well as contributing to a range of year-round film events and activities that the Cambridge Film Trust will be delivering on behalf of the BFI-funded Film Hub Central East.
These challenging and rewarding roles offer a rare opportunity to play a central role in one of the UK’s leading film events, as well as contributing to the development of film culture across the Film Hub Central East area.
Full details and to apply
As our Rights Executive you will support and promote ITV’s programme assets. You’ll be ascertaining and managing rights information – whether for use on our own channels or selling to others – and providing clearances and costings to all areas of secondary exploitation across a number of divisions within ITV. As well as providing support to the Rights Managers on a number of different areas you will be expected to interpret contracts, agreements and programme content information and input into ITV’s rights management systems.
Full details and to Apply – here